Today is the day I start a blog about Adam. Today Adam is officially 18 months old. He was born on Leap Day in 2008. Yes, I did that on purpose just for fun, even though my mother thought it was awful. With a name like Jones, one needs something extra to be different. I'm sure he won't appreciate it when he's 7, but I think he'll have fun saying he's 10 when he's turning 40!
Adam is my only son, my youngest child of three, and truly a "boy". He's into everything he shouldn't be. He loves to climb on chairs and tables, mess up anything that looks like a neat pile, and smash food anywhere. (His highchair tray, his seat, the table, the floor, the wall, etc. etc. etc.) I know this age will be gone all too quickly and sometime in the not too distant future I'll look back and wish I could remember more of the craziness.
I'm a terrible journal writer (procrastinator, really). I hear and see cute, funny, and crazy things each day that Adam does. Every time I do I think to myself, "I should write this down in his journal." But I never do. His journal, which sits on a shelf in my bedroom is always just a little too far away. By the time I get into my bed at night I'm too tired and I don't remember what I wanted to write anyway.
The computer, I'm hoping, will be more readily available sitting in my family room. And typing is so much faster than writing by hand with a pen. (Which I can never seem to find one anyway!)
I'm hoping my new great idea of blogging his journal will run with flying colors. Hopefully each day I will record my joy in him with a funny little adventure from Adamland.
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment